Public Works Foreman – Glenn Guckes
Phone – 412-461-1844
The West Homestead Public Works Department employs 3 Public Works Laborers along with the departmental foreman.
The Departments essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Oversees the maintenance of Borough streets, including repair and resurfacing, snow removal and the application of salt and deicing material, and the installation and repair of road signs.
- Supervises Public Works staff in the collection and disposal of residential solid waste and recycling waste.
- Monitors and supervises the cleaning and maintenance of the Borough building.
- Participates and supervises in the maintenance and operation of Borough parks.
- Ensures storm and sanitary sewers are maintained and kept in good repair.
- Provides for the maintenance of the Department’s vehicles and all small equipment.
- Supervises Public Works personnel in landscaping tasks, including mowing, planting, and trimming.
- Performs manual labor as required.
- Operates all Public Works vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Works with the Borough Manager to develop an annual Public Works departmental budget and complies with budget appropriations.
- Provides monthly reports for the Borough Manager, detailing Department activities.
- Manages training for Public Works employees on the proper use of equipment and materials.
- Evaluates Public Works personnel.
- Other duties as assigned by the Borough Manager.